Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Blow guns, monkey bread, and clean windows

Last night we had some fun with the awesome blow guns that someone gave us for our wedding.
These things are addicting! I've been playing with mine all morning.

I like that the shadow above his head kind of looks like an afro. :)

Household items immediately became targets... naturally. At least for Dallin. ;)

Also, when he shot this tack it ricocheted off the candle on the left 
(see that little nick where it hit?) before sticking into the candle on the right. 
He was pretty proud of himself. :)




After a few minutes of goofing around with the tack, we set up a target and got serious.

Part of the reason we set up the target was the fact that we lost the tack somewhere, and also because I knew I had a much higher chance of hitting the target (or at least the box... haha) than a candle. ;) 







I definitely need to practice... haha. At least I did get that beaver on this round! 
(Mine are the orange/red darts, by the way)


Nicely done, babe!
We go on one planned date every week, but I love evenings like this where we start doing really random and spontaneous and have such a good time just being weirdos together. I'm still not sure how I got so lucky. I really, really like this guy. :) I love having fun with him every day. 

It seems like every post has something food related... I wouldn't want to break that streak today, would I? ;) I made some delicious monkey bread yesterday. Here's the recipe I used. It takes a looooong time to make since it has to rise twice, but it's worth it. Cream cheese frosting on top makes it ever better! 

Then again, cream cheese frosting makes everything better...


Plus, it is completely FAT FREE!
(Except the opposite... :P)

Last but not least, this video is awesome and you should watch it. :) It's really funny, but also makes some very good points. I know I need to work on always "keeping my windows clean". 



It's based on a story that President Thomas S. Monson, the president of my church, told in October 2010. You can find the whole talk here.  Here's one of my favorite parts:
"Charity is having patience with someone who has let us down. It is resisting the impulse to become offended easily. It is accepting weaknesses and shortcomings. It is accepting people as they truly are. It is looking beyond physical appearances to attributes that will not dim through time. It is resisting the impulse to categorize others."
-President Thomas S. Monson 
Happy a happy day! :)

-M 

No comments:

Post a Comment