Sunday, May 6, 2012

Primary shenanigans, pizookie magic, and curry

(This is a pretty random post... consider yourself warned. :P)

I teach the 9-year-old primary class in our ward. It's the best! My kiddos are so cute and they teach me so much every week (...especially when it comes to patience :P).

Today was a little weird. Everyone was in a goofy mood, and not just my class either. My lesson might have been a flop this week but at least I was always entertained. Here are some examples of today's shenanigans:
  • While I was teaching my class about Alma and Amulek in prison, I asked a question (I think it had to do with how they were able to endure the persecution or something like that) and one of the kids shot up his hand and said, "I love potatoes. I don't know why, but I just DO!" Hmmm... well, good to know I suppose! :)
  • Later on, we were talking about how it was through the power of God that Alma and Amulek were able to escape from prison, and I asked my class if they could think of an example of a time when someone might need Heavenly Father's help. The same kid who likes potatoes so much raised his hand and said that maybe if someone was robbing a bank you were at then you could pray for God to protect you. That's sound, right? It wasn't until primary was almost over that one of the kids, clearly very confused, asked me why I agreed with their classmate when he said that God would help us rob banks if we prayed for Him to help us. I'm just glad they asked me so we could clear that up, not that I didn't want them telling their parents that Sis. Durfee teaches them that God will help them rob banks... hahaha!
  • The kid sitting in front of me during sharing time turned around and asked me how old my "boyfriend" was. Nope, that would be my husband! 
  • After overhearing that, the kid who likes potatoes gasped, stared at me with big eyes, and exclaimed, "You're married? I thought you were like 15!" Oh geeze.

Maybe I should start writing these things down every week... haha. These are just a few of the gems I remember from today, and my kids say and do awesome things every week. It makes me excited to be a teacher! :)

On a somewhat unrelated note, I will be happy when everyone in our ward figures out that (a) I am not in Young Women and (b) I am Dallin's wife, not his sister. Someone tried to steer my to the YW room again this week. I guess I should have introduced myself when I bore my testimony today to help clear that up... hahaha.

This weekend Dallin went to do a canyon that is a little too hard-core for me, so I went to visit my family and stuff while he was gone. 


I finally got to have a pizookie with Alix, the first one we've had since before we went to Russia last year. She is awesome, and man did that pizookie taste good, as always! Maybe one day I'll figure out how to duplicate it... 


I made curry for dinner. I hope they have this in heaven because it is so, so good. ;) 


That's pretty much it for now... have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment