Monday, May 14, 2012

This weekend's adventures

To start off the weekend, Dallin got up early on Saturday morning and surprised
 me with a delicious omelet for breakfast. :) Yep, I am spoiled. It was so good! 

See the green onion heart? I'm SURE he did that on purpose... :P
Some of the adorable nieces and nephews I gained when we got married came up on Saturday. It was fun to see them! We went to a wildlife fair at the park with the crew. Cy liked watching this snake shed it's skin.



I like his face.
We also hiked Christopher Creek on Saturday. It was beautiful weather and such a pretty canyon. :)




A little slide 

Ryan and Dallin being manly




We were starving afterward so we went and got an Alfonso's burrito to share.
Yes, that is one burrito... isn't it huge?!



I bought myself a cute little tomato plant! 



I also FINALLY got some basil! I love being able to pick fresh basil from my own plants. And it smells SO good. 


I got to use some of my basil for the pizza margherita that we made
 yesterday for Dallin's parents to celebrate Mother's Day! Yum. :)



Look at this sweet present my husband got me for Mother's Day! It's a Lladró figurine. :) 

It's not a great picture but that's the best I could do. It looks so much prettier in real life!
If you don't know what Lladró is (I didn't until I was dating Dallin), it's a Spanish company that makes these beautiful porcelain figurines. Dallin brought some back from Spain, which is where he served his mission. We found this one at a thrift store for MUCH less than they usually cost and he tricked me into thinking it was for his mom. It worked... I was very pleasantly surprised when he gave it to me. :)

Also, speaking of Mother's Day presents, one of the perks of being married is getting a share of the treats they pass out to the mothers (or future mothers) in the ward. ;) Cha-ching!

(P.S. I am not pregnant... :P)


Well, that's pretty much it... have a lovely day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment