Tuesday, July 24, 2012

As of late (in pictures)

Since I last posted...


I chopped off the end of my thumb cutting cabbage. I'll spare the gory pictures, but it was pretty nasty. It's much better now, just looks funny and feels a little numb still. 


I started a couple sewing projects, this one being my favorite. And yes, it has pockets... yay! :)


Dallin and I made a trip to Zion National Park with some friends to go canyoneering. Unfortunately, I chopped off my thumb the day before we left and couldn't get it wet or touch anything without searing pain, so I didn't get to do much besides a couple short hikes. It was still fun though, and I'm excited to go back sometime this year when I can do some more hard core stuff. :)


While the boys were canyoneering, I also got to drive to St. George to attend the temple and visit my sweet, reheaded grandpa's grave. I can't believe it's been nearly 10 years since he died. He was a wonderful man... one of the best I've ever known, and not just because of his red hair which I am thankful to have inherited! 


My aunt and uncle that live in Tokyo came to visit! They are awesome and it was fun to introduce Dallin to them and catch up. Also, isn't my grandpa cute? :) I really have such a great family, immediate  and extended. And that includes in-laws for sure! 




They always bring delicious Japanese treats. We never complain. 


I got my birthday bike at last! Ain't it purty? I love 
it. :) It's nice to finally live close enough to be able to bike places, something I couldn't do when I lived in the boonies. 


I started work at a Verizon retailer. I have a lot to learn, but I feel like less of an idiot every day so that is good... haha. ;) I love being able to help people... even the 80 year old grandpas that come in with their iPhones that are a little too complicated for them. :)

Well, I guess that's pretty much it for us! We're just living our lives that are kept busy with work, church callings, and such... and enjoying married life, which is awesome. :)

Until the next time I post... whenever that may be!

-M

1 comment:

  1. Love the update! :] I seriously need to find myself a cute bike! Although now it's gonna need something to tote a baby around as well! Haha.

    ReplyDelete