Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Thoughts

The past week has been pretty rough for me. On Tuesday I had a root canal (blah). I wish that were the only reason why my week wasn't very good, but that root canal lead to a really, really nasty infection which made one side of my face blow up like a balloon. Long story short, my dentist put me on some antibiotics pretty early on that should have nipped it in the bud, but for some reason I built up a resistance to them and ended up having to get emergency oral surgery yesterday to drain the infection so I could heal. 

Although I did experience a lot of pain and discomfort, I think what made this week so awful was how anxious, worried, and afraid I was. I already loathe going to the dentist, so you can imagine how I felt about needed to see an oral surgeon. Right before we left, Dallin gave me a priesthood blessing -- a blessing of comfort. One of the phrases that I remember most from that blessing was, "You have no need to fear." 



There is nothing that I needed to hear more than that. It is so easy for me to fear what is to come, and I'm not just referring to dental/medical procedures. I tend to worry about or be afraid of so much, but that is the opposite of faith. As long as I am living faithfully and doing my best to make righteous decisions that will help me to become to person I want to be one day, I have no reason to fear. 

“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop
to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Before I wrap this up, I also want to express how thankful I am for the power of the priesthood, and how grateful I am to be sealed to a worthy priesthood holder. There really aren't words to do my feelings about this justice. I can't imagine not having the priesthood in my home. I can't imagine not knowing that I can ask my sweet husband for a blessing any time I need one. I received a few blessings this week, including a blessing of healing that my father-in-law participated in, and I know that my week would have been very different without receiving those blessings. The priesthood power is real, I know it is, and I will always be thankful that I didn't settle for anything less that a worthy priesthood holder when I chose my husband.


And since I know you all are just dying to know, I am doing much better today. It only hurts if I press on my cheek, and as you can see in the above picture the swelling has gone down a lot. Below is a "before" picture for comparison. 

Can you tell how happy I was? ;)
Happy Sunday!
-Mikaela

No comments:

Post a Comment