Wednesday, January 2, 2013

8 Can Taco Soup {Pin a Week: 1/52}

Here is my first completed pin of this year!


Get recipe here.

This such a good, easy recipe. It really is as simple as dumping 8 cans of beans, chicken, corn, etc as well as some seasoning into a pot. That's my kind of recipe! :)

The recipe calls for a packet of taco seasoning, but I like it with a little more kick. I added some chili powder, crushed red pepper, cumin, and other spices to give it a little more flavor. Also, I like it pretty chunky so I didn't add a full can of broth. Next time I think I will leave it out completely. The best thing about this recipe is that it is really versatile and you can add whatever you want to make it your own. It's really good with cheese and tortilla chips, and cornbread would be really good too! I was just too lazy for that today. ;)

Another great thing about this recipe is that all of the ingredients have a long shelf life. Great for food storage, which I need to work on!  

No comments:

Post a Comment