Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Snuggled up on the couch watching the ball drop on Times Square. Can you tell I was really tired?
Also, I promise I am not 12...

Well, despite our fears of the Mayan apocalypse, we managed to survive 2012! And what a great year it was. :) I'm really looking forward to what this coming year will bring us. It's exciting to think about where we will be a year from now, and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that... you get the idea. Life is so good right now, and it just keeps getting better all the time, so I can only imagine how good it is going to get as the years go by! I am so blessed to be in a happy marriage with someone that really makes me happy and I know that is one of the main reasons why life is so good and why I am so looking forward to the future that is in store for us!

Besides giving me an excuse (like I need one) to be sappy about that husband of mine, New Years is such a great time to "take inventory" and make resolutions/set goals that will help me become a better version of myself. Most of them are going to remain in my personal journal. I figure the whole world doesn't need to know my weaknesses and faults. ;) Here are a couple of the less embarrassing ones though... and they happen to be my favorites too!


  1. Get my house organized and decorated. This includes a lot of projects. For example:
      • Paint, paint, paint. Our living room is good (Bless you Dallin for taking care of that when you bought this house!), but everywhere else is a cold, dingy white. I'm not a fan. It's intimidating but I'm going to hike up my britches, roll up my sleeves, and get started on this soon. We just have to pick colors... which is probably the biggest reason why I have not started yet. We're both rather indecisive people. ;)
      • Clean out our garage. Yippee! 
      • Get our canyoneering/hiking/camping/hunting paraphernalia organized. If you know Dallin and I, you know that we have quite a bit of this. :) Our upstairs bedroom is now appropriately referred to as the "canyoneering room" since that is where we are keeping all that junk now. One we clean out the garage, it will all get moved down there. Can't wait. 
  2. I love Pinterest. There are so many great ideas just waiting to be discovered. My problem is that I spend a lot more time discovering these great ideas than I spend actually using them. My second resolution is to do a pin a week, whether is is a recipe, sewing or craft project, or whatever I feel like doing. I'm also going to post about it on my blog since I know that will help me keep doing it, plus, it will be nice to keep a record of the pins I've completed. :)
Well, that's a wrap for now... Happy New Year! 2013 is going to be great, I can feel it! :) 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why I laughed so hard at, "Also, I promise I am not 12..". Hahah. I feel that way EVERY day, especially when I look at pictures of myself. People always say one day, I'll be thankful (I'm sure you hear that on a daily basis too..) and I'm like... "yeah, but when you're almost 22 and people think you're still too young to have a driver's license, you just want to start punching people". Aaaannyway, love your blog. Super excited about the 1 Pin a Week goal! Good for you for actually DOING pins and not just dreaming about them!

    ReplyDelete