Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cinnabon cinnamon rolls {Pin a week 10/52}

Please excuse the I've-been-living-in-a-hostel-for-a-week nastiness...
When I was in Russia we went on vacation to Moscow for a week. That is where I had the life changing experience of a fresh, warm, gooey, enormous, delectable Cinnabon cinnamon roll. It was perfection. It's really good thing I shared it with one of my friends. I don't even want to think about how unhealthy it was. 

It should be no surprise that when I found this Cinnabon clone recipe on Pinterest I knew I had to try it. The one that has been circulating is found here on allrecipes.com, but I also found the same recipe (but with better instructions, especially if you are using a Bosch or Kitchen Aid) here on the King Arthur Flour Company website.


Unfortunately, mine didn't turn out as good as I was expecting. I'm pretty sure it was my fault, but I'm still not positive what I did wrong. They didn't rise as much as they were supposed to so maybe they were too dry or something. I also baked them a minute or two too long, hoping that it would help them puff up some more but that didn't work. Oh well. I think I will try it again sometime though. And even if they didn't come out perfectly they were still really good! I mean, how can you go wrong with that much butter, sugar, and carbs, am I right? ;) 


2 comments:

  1. Moderation in all things, right? Like....once every other year? Haha! I used to have a really good cinnamon roll recipe. I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE CINNABON! They had them all over in Seattle and I was so sad when we moved to AZ and they were like.. nowhere. Haha. But yes - I try not to think about how unhealthy they are. hehe. I think I am going to have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete