Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Awkward and Awesome

I don't know who started it, but I've noticed a couple bloggers (here and here) that do an "awkward and awesome" segment on their blogs. I like this idea, so I am going to steal it. ;) Here's what's been awkward and awesome in my life lately.

Awkward:
  • My stomach has been a little wonky today. I mentioned it to a few people and each asked me if I was pregnant. (In case you were wondering that yourself, I'm not. :P)
  • I cannot eat chocolate without getting some of it on my face. No really, I'm serious! It's embarrassing. 
  • I'm at least 2 weeks behind posting my Pin a Week projects. Eh. 
  • I almost smacked a random guy's behind a couple days ago thinking it was my husband. Crisis avoided (Hallelujah!), but still awkward, at least for me.
  • I may or may not have stepped out the door to get the mail today with nothing on but my undies and a t-shirt. Thankfully the cold wind on my bare legs alerted me of my pants discrepancy right away. Crisis #2 avoided. (Hallelujah again!)
  • Speaking of cold wind, it snowed today. Nothing stuck, but it just a reminder that I do still live in AZ where the weather doesn't stay the same for long. Hopefully my warm spring weather comes back soon!

Awesome:
  • This morning's seminary lesson actually went quite well!
  • My little siblings are really fun to talk to on facetime, especially since my baby sister blows me lots of kisses and makes my heart melt into a little puddle of happiness. 
  • This quote by Aesop.
(Made by me using Picnik and Phonto)
  • Dallin made me some grilled ham & cheese sandwiches for dinner since that is the only thing that sounded good, and I didn't even ask him to. 
  • I am slowly but surely getting more familiar with my camera and weaning myself off of automatic mode. Here's some pictures I took of our beautiful lilac bush yesterday. 

Spring flowers make me happy.
  • I finally put away all of our clean laundry today! It was getting pretty bad, take my word for it. 
  • I spent some time working on my smash book today. It feels good to do something creative. 
  • There is Ben & Jerry's pumpkin cheesecake ice cream in my freezer. Walmart has been getting this in stock not and then, and it's APRIL! I'm very happy my pumpkin ice cream addiction doesn't have to be restricted to the fall. P.S. If you haven't tried it yet, you are missing out. Big time.
  • I got tickets to see The Piano Guys in June! SO EXCITED!

Well, there you have it. What has been awkward or awesome in your life lately? Tell me about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment