Friday, May 17, 2013

Birthday wish list

I'm really not a very materialistic person. I like to live simply and frugally -- values instilled into me by my mother who has made this lifestyle into an art. (Which is necessary when you have ten kids!)

However, my birthday is next week and I would like to take this opportunity to be selfish and materialistic, so here are some things I've been loving lately.

P.S. I also accept cash or check. ;)


Ninjabread Men Cookie Cutters
I mean... seriously? These are awesome. 

P.S. What do you call a redheaded ninja?

Answer: A ginja! 
You may now proceed to refer to me as "ginja" 
from now on, please and thank you.


Found here

These beautiful prints from The Painted Arrow.
I have the "Love is Spoken Here" print and I adore it. I wish I had these skills!
3.jpg4.jpg
Found here


Any/all of the following clothes/accessories 

Found here
Found here

Hello (Adult) Red Champ Pullover
Found here

Found here
(Who would ever pay that much for a
shirt, by the way? Sheesh!)
Found here
  
Found here















A Dutch oven
I make a pretty darn amazing dutch oven cobbler, if I do
say so myself, but we don't have one of our own. :(

Found here
A cute picnic basket like this one
I just made a picnic quilt (which I am very proud of since I have never quilted before!) and
obviously now I just need a basket to complete it.
(Although realistically I'll probably get a simple basket like this one)
Found here


This ingenious pasta pot
This is brilliant, I tell you. BRILLIANT. Plus it comes in red!
Found here

This amazing bed.
It costs more than what we paid for our little car, but who said this birthday list was realistic?
Found here
This see-through canoe.
And maybe the means to take it somewhere awesome?
I've been a lot of places in AZ but I can't think of anywhere with very clear water!
Found here

3 comments:

  1. First of all, LOVE the new blog!
    Second, sorry I haven't updated mine in forever.. I saw your comment and felt a little guilty, but with time, you will see why it's taken me ages!!
    Third, again, we are twins. I pretty much want everything on your wishlist too. Especially those aqua flats and that pot with the strainer lid (I totally thought of that idea first.. I remember presenting it to my family one Christmas and they all thought I was so smart. Too bad somebody beat me to actually making it. Ugh! I could be rich!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome ideas; i love the pot and the ninja bread men especially! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I seriously love that bed.

    ReplyDelete