Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Thrift store/refashion WIN

So... I really love thrift stores. A lot. 

I love never knowing what I'll find when I go shopping. A few weeks ago I found and bought this dress in a thrift store for $2.00, knowing it would need some alterations to make it work. I wasn't sure it would turn out, but I was so in love with the lace details at the collar (scroll down to see closer pictures of it) that I knew I had to at least try. 

Here's what it looked like before I started messing with it.


It was baggy in all the wrong places, and those sleeves were a little too much for me, so I went to work. First, I shortened the sleeves. There were also a few seams that were about to burst that I mended.


Here it is after the alterations and with the sash. I absolutely love how it turned out!



Check out the beautiful lacy collar! Also, did I mention that this dress is handmade?! That just makes me love it that much more! 


Definitely worth the $2.00, wouldn't you say?

P.S. If you didn't see my previous post, you should join me in jumping on the #ootdeverydaymay ("outfit of the day every day in May") hashtag on instagram! Read more about it here, and follow me on instagram here. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are seriously inspiring me to go thrifting more! This dress is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete