Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Exciting news!

Just in case you haven't heard the news already...


...we've got a bun in the oven, coming February 2014!

We're pretty dang excited. We've been looking forward to it for a while, but now that it is actually here it's kind of hard to believe that there's a mini human being hidden inside my expanding midsection. A MINI HUMAN BEING, GUYS. 

And you know what? That's kind of rad

Even if said mini human being likes to turn me into a narcoleptic. A constantly peeing, always hungry, emotional, sometimes nauseated, pimply, narcoleptic, hot mess of a woman that doesn't want to do anything but eat, sleep, and watch Parks and Rec/The Office/Monk (again) on Netflix. 
All day, erryday.

And yet, I'm feeling very, very happy and thankful to be able to take on this crazy adventure. This might be a little personal, but I wasn't entirely sure I would be able to have kids, so we're both feeling very blessed indeed. Here's to a healthy pregnancy!

Before I finish up I just have to say that I really, really got lucky when it comes to that husband of mine. Not only does he put up with sharing a house with a psycho pregnant lady, he has been taking such good care of me by doing dishes, making me food when my stomach is wonky, giving me extra snuggles when he can tell I'm feeling blue, teaching seminary for me today (oh yeah, I'm still teaching this semester!), and just being sweet, supportive, and wonderful in general. 
I'll keep him, I s'pose. ;)

We are cheeseballs. Also, thanks to my lovely mama for the pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Those mini humans are pretty awesome. You're gonna love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikaela, I am just so so so so happy and excited for you!! Gah I wish we lived closer so we could celebrate together! I miss you! Congratulations and good luck :)

    PS - You guys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know i said on instagram a while back but wanted to stop over here and congratulate you! love the little pictures you two took and cant to see your baby bump grow! glad hubby's being such a great help : )
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete