Tuesday, September 24, 2013

No mistaking it this time


For the first time, after several "wait, was that it?" moments,  I'm absolutely certain I felt it today. A tiny little human wiggling around in my belly. I was sitting in the car after going to seminary and the store, putting off bringing in the groceries, when he/she started moving.

I'm pretty sure it looked something like this, because that's what it felt like.

Minus the car... I'm not sure what's going on there, but it's kind of awesome.
It was a little flutter, or twitch, or tapping... whatever you want to call it, it moved! I've had quite a few times when I was pretty sure I felt it, but this was the first time I knew it had to be that little baby of mine busting a move, and not indigestion or hunger. It was weird, but the best kind of weird! I can't wait for it to happen more frequently.

Everything is still going really well. My routine appointment this morning was great, I'm almost halfway through already (whaaaat?!), and we will be finding out the gender in a couple of weeks. Also, I'm feeling much, much better. I had pretty mild morning sickness, but to make up for it I got major fatigue that didn't start going away until I was about 16-17 weeks, and it was really making life difficult for awhile. I'm finally feeling like a human being again though! Hurrah!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a wonderful thing to feel your little one moving--it gets even better as s/he grows! :)

    ReplyDelete