Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pumpkin cookies, sneezing, and naps

I'm swiftly approaching the half-way point in my pregnancy, which is pretty dang crazy. It's been going by so quickly. Uncomfortable as it can be at times, and tired/whiny as I am, I really do love being pregnant. I love thinking about baby names, planning nursery decorations, and looking forward to meeting this little babe. We will be finding out the gender sometime in the next few weeks, and I'm a little worried about that, to be honest. It's hard enough to keep myself from buying every cute baby-related thing I see already... I don't know how I'm going to be able to resist once I know what we are having! 

Anyway, on a more goofy note, here are a few things being pregnant has taught me so far:
  • If the baby wants pumpkin cookies, you make pumpkin cookies. The end. (Here's the recipe I used. The only change I made was using cream cheese frosting instead.)
Butter, cream cheese, and pumpkin = magic
  • Also, if the baby wants Taco Bell, remind it that no matter how good it sounds at the time you will regret it later, I promise. 
  • Do not sneeze while walking, especially when you are in Walmart and have been staying remarkably well hydrated. Need I say more? ;)
  • Naps are a beautiful thing. Truly beautiful. Also, it's a good idea to take one (or at least rest for a solid hour+) every day to save your poor, yet eternally patient, husband from having to put up with an extremely cranky wife. 
  • Speaking of avoiding being a cranky wife, keep that belly full of food, woman! (Food, not cookies/Reese's/ice cream/kettle corn/slushies/etc.)
  • On a related note, take advantage of being pregnant as an excuse for your purse full of snacks at church. (And everywhere else you go, if we're being real here.) 
  • Don't even bother buttoning your pants, girl, you know it ain't staying like that for long. Also, all hail yoga pants! 
  • Old wive's tales are serious bizness to some people. Serious bizness, I tell you! Don't laugh. (Until you get home and tell your husband)
  • No matter how long you put it off, the dishes aren't going to wash themselves. Just do it, you lazy bum. ;)
And on that note, I am going to take my own advice and tackle the disaster area that is my kitchen. Wish me luck... I need it if I'm going to really get myself in gear today! :)

All day erryday.

3 comments:

  1. This is the most accurate pregnancy rant I've ever heard. I agree on every single account. Especially the sneezing and hiding snacks in your purse at all times. And everything else. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... And the Taco Bell regret? Been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait until *after* you have the baby (presuming it won't be a c-section). I decided to skip once a couple months after....yeah...kegels!

    ReplyDelete