Sunday, February 2, 2014

38 weeks

"Any day now."

Every time I say those three words (which has been a lot lately, considering how often people have been asking me when this baby is a-comin'), it kind of blows my mind a bit. Am I really just a mere two weeks away from my due date? It is actually February already? Am I really going to have a baby, like within the next couple weeks? Whaaaat?


It's crazy... but the best kind of crazy. I'm so excited to finally meet the little stinker who has been kicking my ribs and punching my bladder for the past 9 months. 




Not much has changed since my last pregnancy update a month ago. I'm still feeling surprisingly well, for which I'm very, very thankful! I didn't sleep very well this week, but I think that had a lot more to do with a nasty sinus infection than pregnancy. I'm still not very swollen, at least not enough to keep me from wearing normal shoes or my wedding ring, and I don't have an outie belly button (although there's definitely time for that to change... haha!). 

People kept telling me about how terribly uncomfortable I would get the last trimester, so uncomfortable that I would be so ready to not be pregnant anymore, but I haven't gotten to that point yet. I'll be just fine if he decides to wait until his due date (or even a little longer) to make his grand appearance. 

On the other hand, it will be pretty nice to longer have this big 'ol baby squishing my innards. I'm also really looking forward to sleeping on my stomach and wearing normal clothes again. 

Oh yeah, and having a cute little babe to love on, of course. ;)


Now I just hope my delivery goes as smoothly as my pregnancy has. We shall see!

2 comments:

  1. You are seriously the cutest little pregnant women. Ever! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete