Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Are we there yet?

I'm struggling today. There's a lot on my mind that is stressing me out and I'm having a hard time dealing with it right now. I'm exhausted, both physically and emotionally, and ready to not be pregnant anymore. This silly baby just doesn't seem quite ready to come yet, no matter how hard I try to convince him otherwise. I really thought he'd be here by now, and it's becoming more and more difficult to be patient, especially since now I'm at the point where I need to make some decisions before my doctor's appointment tomorrow. 

Here are the top 3 scenarios we're looking at right now:

Option 1: Go into labor naturally, ideally soon. Like... maybe today? ;)

This would be very, very nice. For realsies. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem likely that this will happen. Who knows, though? Maybe it will! I hope so.

Pros: Everything, but especially the fact that it's more likely I could stick to my birth plan/wishes if this happened, and that would mean a lot to me. (Although I know the most important thing is to get my baby here safely, and I'm willing to do what it takes to make that happen... no matter what.) 
Cons: None. Come on, baby... let's do this! 

Option 2: Get induced Thursday or Friday. 

I'd rather not get induced, but my doctor doesn't want me to go past 41 weeks.

Pros: I'd be done this week. Dallin could take off Friday and then be with me the rest of the weekend.
Cons: I'd like to give my body a chance to start things on its own and maybe it just needs a couple more days... Thursday/Friday is pretty soon and I'll only be 40 weeks and 4-5 days along. Do I really want to be induced so early? I'd also end up spending much more time in the hospital. Not a big fan of that idea.

Option 3: Get induced Monday.

I am pretty sure I could convince my doctor (she's really reasonable and nice) to let me do this, even though it means I'll be going a few days over 41 weeks.

Pros: I'd have a little more time to (hopefully) get things going naturally. It's longer than my impatient self would like to wait, but I know that if you don't have complications (and thankfully I don't) there's usually no reason to be concerned about going a little past 41 weeks. 
Cons: Dallin will have a really hard time leaving work for very long, particularly at the beginning of the week when things are craziest. He is the only pharmacist and nothing can happen when he is gone. I know I'll be much more comfortable, happy, and calm with him there. I'm not worried about him missing the actual birth – I know he will be there for that, no matter what – but I really want him there before and after too. 

I know that things will all work out the way they are supposed to, but it sure would be nice to know how and when, you know? I'm ready to meet this little babe! Hopefully he will be ready to meet us soon.   

Also, if I only had a dime for every time I've been asked, "Are you still pregnant?" Oy.

Whale Yes

Okay. Grumpy post over. 
On a happier note, here's some things I've been thankful for this week:

Daffodils
Beautiful, warm weather
XL t-shirts
Symphony chocolate bars (the ones with toffee and almonds, of course)
Facetime
Almost all of my dishes are clean, thanks to Dallin. Is there anything better?
I've been sleeping well still. Hallelujah!
My Les Mis and Simon & Garfunkel stations on Pandora. The best.
Orange juice
Uplifting blogs (especially this post)
Prayer

Wanna do me a favor? Are there any hilarious videos, articles, or other miscellaneous awesomeness floating around the interwebz I should be aware of? If so, you should send me the link. :) 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry- waiting is no fun! Hopefully he'll decide to make his appearance soon. As for funny things, YouTube "How It Should Have Ended" and "Bad-Lip Readings". You've probably seen both those channels though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should get induced on Friday so you can have Dallin around. Being induced isn't too horrible and it doesn't necessarily mean more time in the hospital- we were allowed to leave the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And as for funny stuff- watch all five episodes of "The Worst Cooks in America" here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/players/food-network-full-episodes.e2923916-4bbe-4837-8173-95d39777d482.0200838.html

    ReplyDelete