Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy

The weather yesterday was too beautiful to stay inside, so we grabbed some Subway and headed to the park for a little picnic. I brought my camera along to practice on my two favorite subjects.



They are pretty cute, both of them, if I do say so myself.


Eli loves to be outside! If he is fussy, which luckily isn't too often, a quick walk to the mailbox and back will usually cheer him up. 


I'm usually on the other side of the camera, but I'm trying to remember to have someone take pictures of me too, especially with this sweet little man that is growing so fast. 


Dallin can't wait for Eli to be less of a blob and more of a buddy. Often I'll catch him hugging and kissing him and saying, "You're gonna like me someday! We're going to be best friends!" I guess it won't be long before Eli becomes daddy's boy... although I still have the advantage since Eli looooves his food and food = mama. Muahahaha.


Somewhere around the time Eli turned two months old something magical happened and I finally got out of survival mode. As much as I loved his newborn stages, it's nice to feel a little more human and to be sleeping longer than 2 hour stretches (most nights, at least!). It's a lot easier to enjoy all the happy moments (and tolerate the challenging ones) when I'm not in zombie mode, that's for sure. And I'm really thankful that zombie mode hasn't  been finding me as much during the day. Yippee!


4 comments:

  1. Adorable baby boy! He is growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...the first photo is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It gets better and easier from two months on! He's so cute! I love everyone of these photos! Thank you for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah i def know what you mean about being able to enjoy life a lot more not being in "zombie" mode, although i of course dont have a newborn to blame for it, i was suffering from some rotten insomnia the past few months. little Eli seriously is such a cutie and i'm glad you're getting behind the camera w/ him a bit too, you look gorgeous in these pics!

    ReplyDelete