Monday, July 7, 2014

Noche de Hogar

Have I mentioned how much I love being in our little Spanish branch?

When they first called Dallin to be in the branch presidency, I admit that I was a little bit dubious due to a certain minor detail... I don't speak Spanish. I mean, I've lived in Arizona my whole life so naturally I'd picked up a little bit, but not much beyond a few words and simple phrases. I'm always game for a good adventure though, and decided to really make an effort to participate as much as I could (even with the language barrier), and I'm so glad I did. The people are great and there is always lots of fun to be had. Plus, I've really picked up a lot of Spanish in the past year and (almost) a half, so I don't feel so lost most of the time like I used to. They will probably keep us here for a while, and I'm really glad about that!

We have Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) once a month as a branch, and last month we went to the park to have a BBQ and go ice blocking. Here are some pictures!


The holding hands thing worked out well the first time... but that was just luck, apparently. Usually it went more like this:


And since this is my blog you better believe I'm just going to post the pictures from the run in which I managed to stay upright. I'm not even sorry.


Our esteemed branch presidency went down together once. They are awesome.

Dallin couldn't just slide down on his behind like a normal person, of course. If you don't believe me, keep scrolling...




What a nut I married. And I love it. 






Of course, there were plenty of less-than-smooth landing, but thankfully no one got more than a couple bumps and bruises.


Totally worth it, in my opinion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment