Friday, August 1, 2014

So I jumped on the Stitch Fix bandwagon

I have a problem. You see, I am not good at shopping, and it always frustrates me every time I go, but I do like having cute, nice clothes. I decided to try out Stitch Fix for fun, and thought I'd share my experience with you. 

Basically, the idea is that you fill out a fashion profile with your sizes and preferences, and then they send you 5 pieces of clothing based on that. You keep/buy what you like, and send back what you don't in the prepaid envelope. Seems like a good idea, right? I thought it did! And while the idea is fun, I must say the prices were a little lot more than what I usually spend on clothes. 

Anyway, here's what I got in my fix. Also, please enjoy my super fancy pictures taken with my good friend... the self timer. ;)

Ohara Faux Wrap Tie-Waist Dress
$68


I didn't hate this chevron print as much as I usually hate chevron, but I still wasn't a very big fan. It was also just a little shorter then I like my dresses to be. It's pulled down pretty far in this picture, but it rode up pretty far whenever I moved. Also not a huge fan of the fit; the waist was almost at the widest point of my post-partum belly. Pass.

Trinidad Chevron Print Henley Blouse
$48


Again, not a fan of chevron. I also didn't like the fit of this one at all. Actually, there was pretty much nothing I liked about this top. Pass. 

Colibri Bird Print Tab-Sleeve Blouse
$48


I liked this top more than I thought I would, but it is something I would only buy if it were really cheap. I love bird prints, but wasn't a huge fan of this particular one. The fit wasn't stellar, but I did like the length. Pass again.

Nolan Ankle Skinny Jean
$58


This is all you are going to see of these pants. folks. I refuse to post a picture of anything above the knee! While I was able to somehow squeeze myself into these, it was only after considerable effort. I think Jimmy Fallon wore them better than I did. Actually, I'm sure he did. PASS.



Renee C. Graphic Print Split Back Blouse
$48


I really loved this top. I love the colors, the cut, the pattern, everything. Well, everything but the $48 price tag. That's almost $50! Fiddy dollas, people! That's why I'm so torn on whether to keep it or not. I'm a total cheapskate I guess, since I rarely spend from the $15-$20 on shirts, especially now that I have a baby. But I love it, so... maybe I'll have to be wild and crazy and splurge. Maaaaybe. If I hadn't already paid the $20 stylist fee that can go towards a purchase I made, should I decide to keep anything, I would probably send it back, albeit reluctantly. But it would "only" be $28 more after than $20, so... Hmmmm.

I have until tomorrow to decide... what do you think? Yea or nay?


Bottom line: It was fun to do once, but unless I know it will be less expensive I probably won't do it again. Unless maybe someone uses this link to get their own Stitch Fix, 'cause that will give me $25 towards my next one. ;)


7 comments:

  1. It's cute!!!! I like it so much on you! And the back is split, so that might make nursing easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one in the world who doesn't like chevron!! I say spoil yourself and just keep the darn top. You already paid $20 for the stylist, just GET IT.

    -Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last one!!! Better to buy one you love at $48 than four you only sorta like for 15$. Or just average the total cost if all your shirts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it! It's adorable and like the above commenter mentioned, better to buy something high quality that you love at a higher price then a bunch of things that sort of fit at a lower price (a lesson I'm still learning). I love Stitch fix. I've done two boxes and have purchased one item from each box. I had a few $48 price tags but most of mine ranged from $20-$60. It's a total splurge thing for me so I'm sure one a year is all I'll ever do. I do love that they push me out of my comfort zone a little. They usually send me some things that I would never had tried on in the store and so far those are the things I've purchased. Love love love. I'd probably love it even more if I had more money and I was less of a cheapskate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried one of these programs before, and it was just way too expensive for my liking. Plus nothing seemed to fit right! But that top is adorable so maybe splurge this once? Because you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Found you from the AZ blogger group! I have a Stitch Fix linkup going on right now!! Come and link up with us :-) http://www.awhimsiclelife.com/2014/08/stitch-fix-review-5.html

    ReplyDelete