Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Texas

We spent Labor Day weekend in Texas. It was a quick trip, but we did a lot while we were there... and I'm still pooped. I'm so glad we went, though! Here are some of the things we did:


Eli met grandma and grandpa for the first time. They are serving a mission in Fort Worth and got to take a couple days off to spend with us.





3 generations of manly men. Haha ;)

Eli met 5 of his cousins, two uncles, and two aunts as well. (Dallin and I each have a sibling that lives in TX.)






We watched a gator eat some fish in this swamp. This thing gives me the willies!



Dallin helped pin some bugs for my brother's sons. They dry them out and put them in a shadowbox on the wall. Their collection is pretty impressive.


Eli went to a pool for the first time. He loved it!

Oh this boy. I think he is just the cutest.


Of course J has a bug in his hand.

We set off some fireworks. The pyro in me highly approved of this activity.


We ate tons of delicious food, and every BBQ joint we tried was better than the last. 







I'm also very happy to say that we survived the flights without too much suffering, despite the fact that Eli cut his first tooth sometime on the day we flew in and has been working on another one for the past few days. Thank goodness he is such a chill baby, because he was still a good little traveller for us! Hallelujah.

See it? On the bottom right. I bet he loves having his mouth stretched open like this. Sorry, son. ;)
And now it's time to unpack, do laundry, and clean my messy house. After getting spoiled this weekend, all that sounds particularly unappealing.

1 comment:

  1. Those bugs give me the heebie jeebies and they're dead! I'm pathetic. I love your guts. And I want BBQ because of you, but Flagstaff will disappoint so I won't act on it. :)

    ReplyDelete