Monday, December 15, 2014

Sleep is a wonderful thing

Something miraculous happened last night. I went to bed at 10pm and didn't wake up until after 6:30am when Eli woke up hungry. As if that weren't amazing enough, he went back to sleep for a good hour and a half after that.

I can't tell you how wonderful this was. 

Eli hasn't always been a terrible sleeper. There were a couple months where he would at least give us a solid 5-6 hours straight, but lately he's been waking up more often than I really care to discuss. It's been lousy. I've been exhausted. My house has been suffering. And I've been feeling grouchy and overwhelmed. 

Until this morning. 

When I woke up this morning, birds and angels started singing when I realized it wasn't some unholy hour like usualy. I felt like a brand new woman! For the first time in a long time I woke up feeling motivated and ready to go. And this is what I did with all that energy:

  • Got dressed and ready for the day before Eli woke up
  • Ate breakfast
  • Did a load of dishes
  • Went to Home Depot for supplies for my Etsy shop, which has been keeping me very busy lately... yay!
  • Put Eli down for a nap
  • Sanded and prepped Etsy signs 
  • Replied to emails and messages 
  • Threw together a terrible lunch since I lost track of time... but hey, we ate something! Even though it may or may not have been leftover mashed potatoes, some frozen waffles, and blackberries. (Note: must go grocery shopping tomorrow.)
  • Mailed off most of our Christmas cards
  • Mailed off Etsy packages
  • Put Eli down for another nap
  • Stained a bunch of signs
  • Baked up some of the peanut butter kiss cookie dough that was left over from last night... YUM
  • Ate too many cookies and watched some episodes of The Mindy Project
  • Did not make dinner (see above) (hashtag: #noregrets)
  • Cleaned the almost all the carpets upstairs
  • Wrote this blog post 
I feel so accomplished. It's amazing what a difference it makes to be well-rested, because I'm pretty sure I got more done today than I did all last week. (Seriously though.) And now I am going to sleep and pray that Eli does too! (Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleeeeeaaaaase!)

No comments:

Post a Comment